I decided to save time by using the Zoho account that I set up for 23 Things...and there it was waiting for me, right where I left it last August. All the documents that I created back then were neatly listed. However, before I could access any of them, I got one of those pesky "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" messages. Then I got the same message again.
I thought the problem might be with this old account, so I created an entirely new account and did the entire Exploration exercise as outlined. Justified left, justified right, added a cute photo, made a list, used different fonts, created a table. Everything was very easy to do. But when I closed out of Zoho and went back later, I got the same error message and was unceremoniously thrown out of the program.
So, for a product whose main advantage is access, this is disconcerting. I'd hate to recommend these web tools to patrons and then witness their anguish if they can't work with their files. Just for the record, I did try again later on another computer and didn't have any problem, but I'm still a little leery. Has anyone else had any difficulty? I'm hoping my experience was just a fluke.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I haven't had that particular difficulty, but I've been using Firefox and Safari to connect. OTOH, as you say, our don't have the luxury of avoiding Internet Explorer.
Nevertheless, I can see Zoho having its uses...I just don't think it's for inexperienced users.
Post a Comment